Research Support Services
The Reference and Research section of COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Library offers following research support services to its prospective users. The details and procedures of these services are discussed as under.
1. Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI Service)
This is a specialized library service for those users who are working or intend to work on a research related project/s. The purpose of this service is to provide the prospective users selective and specific information related to their specific area/s of interest. Through this service the users can get informative material in shape of e-books, research articles, review articles, newspaper clippings and updates about the latest printed books added in the library stock.
- To avail of this service, the interested users need to fill up an (SDI Inquiry Form) which can be accessed and downloaded from the following link: http://ww3.comsats.edu.pk/library/files/SDI Inquiry Form.pdf
- After filling up this form the users will be required to submit this form in the library by hand or they may email it as an attachment on the following email id: email@example.com
- The Reference & Research section will analyze the information needs of the registered users and will entertain their information needs/queries time to time through email.
2. Anti-Plagiarism Service
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology is committed to producing high quality education and to meet the quality standards CIIT follows a strict policy on plagiarism. The CIIT library facilitates its users in the detection of plagiarism in their research and educational output. The purpose of this service is to not only follow the instructions of HEC rather it also aims to discourage the practice of plagiarism in the pedagogical activities.
- To check the plagiarism in a document, the users can email their documents to the R&R section on the following email id: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Moreover, the users can also visit the R&R section personally. A user can ask for the plagiarism report of the same document for maximum three times.
3. Other Services
The aim of CIIT Library’s research support services is to boost the research productivity of CIIT by assisting its students, faculty and staff members in writing and publishing research papers and thesis/dissertations. The other research support services include different sort of services including:
- Assistance of researchers in searching their required literature
- Help in referencing and citing the literature
- Assistance in accessing the inaccessible information material on the internet
- Guidance in writing research articles/thesis and dissertations
- Guidance in getting the research work published in quality journals
The users can avail of these services by contacting the R&R section through following email id: firstname.lastname@example.org. Moreover, they may personally visit the R&R section as well. Users can get one on one service, as well as a group meeting can also be arranged by the R&R section.