The Circulation Desk may be consulted while using the following services:
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Audio/Visual Materials, CDs, Diskettes
- Multi-media library
- Digital Library
The Librarian or other designated staff has the authority to immediately stop issuance of library material or discontinue the Reading Room facilities incase of violating library Rules and Regulations
2- WEEDING/WRITE OFF LOSSES
The loss of library material is unavoidable especially when open shelf system is provided. Therefore:
- Losses to the extent of 3% per annum of the available stock in an open access library may be written off by the competent authority on the recommendations of the Library Affairs Committee.
- Losses to the extent of 2% per annum of the available collection of a closed access or partially open access library may be written off by the competent authority on the recommendations of Library Affairs Committee.
- Losses written off by the competent authority shall be struck off from the stock and the records of the library, including public catalogues, and transferred to the withdrawal register indicating the authority under which the losses were written off.
- In addition, the permanent irrecoverable losses of mutilated, damaged and worn-out books and other material found to be beyond repairs during the physical verification of the library shall also be placed before the Library Affairs Committee for write off, weeding out or replacement thereof.