The use of the Libraries shall be open to the members of the following categories:
Faculty and Staff
Research Fellows and Scholars
Students on the roll of University
The borrowing previliges of the users are mentioned as under:
||Post Graduates (Ph-D)
||Senior Faculty (Deans/ Advisors/ Professors/ Associate Professors/ Assistant Professors)
||Faculty (Lecturers/ RAs/ TAs)
||Officers (OG-I to OG-4 officers)
3. The borrowed books shall be renewed for a further period of four weeks, if these have not been reserved for another user. Overdue books shall not be renewed.
4. Books and other material of the following description shall not be issued to borrowers but may be consulted in the Junaid Zaidi Library during working hours.
1. Reference books like encyclopedia, dictionaries, reports and other reference materials
2. Reserved books
3. Rare books and protected documents
4. Microfilms, manuscripts
6. Any other material at the discretion of the Librarian
5. Mutilation of Junaid Zaidi Library material is a crime qualifying for penalty under Library Rules. However, books accidentally damaged should be reported promptly so that suitable assessment may be made and damages recovered.
6. In case, a book is urgently required, the librarian may recall it at a short notice any time and such a book shall be returned immediately by the borrower.
7. New arrivals of books, periodicals, journals, research reports and other materials of interest shall be notified by the Librarian to the Chairmen/Head of various Departments periodically.
8. Members of the library shall be entitled to borrow books and other material from the library except those which are mentioned in rule 5 above.
JUNAID ZAIDI LIBRARY ETIQUETTES
1. Users are not allowed to bring their personal belongings in the Junaid Zaidi Library. All members shall be required to leave their personal belongings (books, files, briefcases, handbags, registers, etc.) at the entrance of the Junaid Zaidi Library at designated place.
2. Users are not allowed to write, underline or mark the Junaid Zaidi Library books. The Junaid Zaidi Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for defacing or damaging or causing loss of Junaid Zaidi Library material in his possession.
3. Users shall leave the Junaid Zaidi Library material on the tables after consultation to be shelved ONLY by the Junaid Zaidi Library staff.
4. Complete silence should be observed inside the Junaid Zaidi Library except for the brief and subdued talk with the Junaid Zaidi Library staff at the Circulation Desk or in any other Section of the Junaid Zaidi Library.
5. Drinking, eating and sleeping shall not be allowed inside the Junaid Zaidi Library.
6. Use of Mobile and Smoking are strictly prohibited inside the Junaid Zaidi Library.
7. Loud talking/un-necessary discussion/disturbance / snoozing etc shall not be allowed inside the Junaid Zaidi Library.